Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Be Daring!

Some Thesaurus words for bravery - courage, daring, dauntlessness, fearlessness, fortitude, gallantry, grit, guts, hardiness, heroism, indomitability, intrepidity, mettle, pluck, spirit, spunk, valor.

I took a risk and was very daring this year when submitting to the Heart of Ohio Tole convention. I am known for colored pencil but I really feel mixed media needs to be explored and will help the decorative painting industry because of all the options it offers. More products, a bit from the fine art industry in the mediums, scrapbook industry for the accents and decorative painting in the teachable way it translates to students. It also lets the student explore their personal likes and dislikes giving them choices and having them choose to be different from the teacher. So, being brave, I sent in 6 mixed media pieces and no colored pencils. Boy, was I shocked when they picked 5 of the 6. This Venus Collage is my favorite piece they picked because it explores and includes all of the above. I can't wait to see what the students do with their rendition of her!

For more information go to http://www.heartofohiotole.org/convention.html


No comments:

Post a Comment