Monday, February 11, 2013

Word - Bright

It has been a while, a long while really since I have blogged and to tell you the truth, I have missed it tremendously. I just wasn't allowing myself the time to sit, look through my photos, choose one and let me get inspired by what I saw. Sad, really, that everything else came before me and what I wanted to do. So, that changes today. I will be posting regularly and if you haven't noticed, I have added a "follow by email" button so you will get an automatic update when I post. Do sign up, I love the little alerts that come for me letting me know my favorite blogs are ready to come and view! Are you ready, here we go...

The word for this week is bright.

Its adjective meaning - shining, radiant; illustrious, glorious; intelligent, clever, lively, cheerful.

This page was done in my art journal. It is a reflection of wanting something bright, cheerful and sunny to compensate for the dreary, greyed down layers of the wintery season here in the Midwest. So I gathered my favorite things - a card from a friend with a fantastic botanical image and of course the insects I so adore along with some odd pieces of ephemera. I worked in one color on the background creating interest and patterns to give your eye something wonderful to rest one. What you can't see is the wonderful dark pea soup color of the ribbon tying in all the lovely greens spattered throughout the page.

Thank you for checking in and I do hope you will become a "follower" so we can once again journey into the undiscovered world we live in together! Have a very warm and sunny day!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I am very glad to follow your blog and your work is just great...

    ReplyDelete