Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blue Beauty

We have been graced by blue hydrangeas this year and let me tell you, they are simply beautiful. Now blue is not my favorite color but I was so enticed to see these up close and personal I just had to grab the puppies, my camera and head out into the shade garden. This little bloom was 8" in diameter and demanding your attention as you got closer. I loved the shadows of the late afternoon making this blue beauty even more striking in appearance. I'm so glad I got to spend a couple moments up close and personal because it made me appreciate the colorful efforts of Mother Nature and her magical touch.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I love hydrangeas too - those are beautiful. For some reason ours have no flowers this year, only leaves...wondering if they have too much sun - a bit disappointing because they are so pretty. I do like the blue but when I see the pink I can't decide which ones I like better!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete