Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Intriguing Palette

We have several Japanese maples on the property and I just love them. Not only is the color a fantastic shade of alizarin crimson but in the spring the small tree almost glows with delicious beauty. I decided to check on it after the light rain of the day and saw these tiny, brilliant drops of wonder just hanging on the deep burgundy branch between the leaves. Add the aqua coloration of the sky in the background and I just knew the photo would be something spectacular. Although I cropped it tightly to focus on the water droplets, you can see the amazing color palette nature has offered up. What could you do with those magnificent colors? Hummm, I will have to think on that one.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are just so incredible for their detail, crispness & colour. I love them! Maples are beautiful aren't they. My mother in law has one in their garden in Tasmania and it's stunning with bright red almost iridescent leaves at the moment. In this photo I love the colour coming through those beautiful perfectly formed drops of water. There's something very calming about these colours in this photo. It would make a beautiful palette for a painting for ones bedroom. Liza xxx

    ReplyDelete