Thursday, December 8, 2011

Freedom to Fly

The last couple of weeks I have been chasing deadlines and let me tell you, they just don't give up and leave you alone. No matter where you are, what you are doing, their voices are in your ears. While taking photos for a colored pencil project the top of this bottle just made me stop and ponder about the freedom of my job as an artist. Beauty, intrigue and stillness are all part of what makes art great for me and this photos conveys that message. Although deadlines drive me crazy, it does usually translates to income and well, we all need that to survive. For the remainder of 2011, I'm free to just play, paint and create, can't really complain about that :D

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely a trade off when being self-employed. Most see only the tip of the iceberg as far as what is involved. But those who stick with it are the ones that see how much it is worth it. Being able to do what you love to do and be creative every day is a wonderful experience. It's something I wouldn't trade for any amount of money.

    Enjoy your time and have fun, Kelly. It is what makes life sweet! :)

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. - how did you get that butterfly on that bottle - that is a photograph, right? Glad to hear you are going to try to play the rest of the year - you do work HARD and deserve a bit of a break from your normal routine!

    ReplyDelete