Friday, November 25, 2011

Caged Light

With this photo I wanted to share the wonderful shadow of the birdcage. Not only is it intriguing but I found it so interesting on how the light danced from cage to wall giving me something so striking I could look at it for hours. The values of the red in this piece make you recognize that to shade and highlight is not by just adding black and white to a hue. It is multiple layers of brilliant colors that create a harmonious piece making it appear as one. It is also an example of various textures within a single grouping. The verdigris metal birdcage, fake bird and ribbon flower on top, clay bird inside along with some raffia, the bumpy texture of the suitcase, are all showcased by the ruby red wall and illuminated by the yellow sunlight coming through the door. When was the last time you were stopped in your path to really look and see what is in front of you? I hope it was today!

No comments:

Post a Comment