Sunday, October 2, 2011

Light & Shadows

The dramatic light in this photo captured my muses attention which lead me to the tiny branch of japanese maple leaves. The cast shadows on the large green leaf just makes me want to get out my paints and record it as artfully as possible dancing with each brush stroke. I loved the extreme light at the right of the photo ensuring that it gets proper attention as well. But, oh, my heart sings with the mysterious shadows lurking on each and every leaf. The tangled web of light and dark just ignites my creative soul down to its core. I hope you find inspiration wherever you look, even if it is in the shadows (a vincent price evil laugh is now playing in my head, sorry for that).

1 comment:

  1. The shadows are so unique that you really have to concentrate to "see" the true picture. It really is an awesome photo Kelly! The contrast of the colors is also as interesting as the shadow play.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete