Saturday, November 5, 2011

Flower Tower

This is a hyacinth bean flower. It grows up and is a vine-like plant and I so enjoyed capturing this flower tower reaching up to the sunshine. It blooms like this in the fall, not sure what it looks like in the spring because well, it just doesn't grab my attention. The blooms remind me a little of a sweet pea but their symmetrical arrangement is unlike any other plant I've seen. Not only are the colors wonderful to look at but this plant produces a really dark crimson seed pod that forms at the same time as it blooms. I love, love, love this plant and can't wait to grow one of my own. I will share the pod photos tomorrow so make sure you come by to visit :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I have never even heard of this plant, let along seen one. I love the variety of colors all on the same stem. You have my curiosity piqued so looking forward to tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, wonder if they would grow in Eastern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete