Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Steampunk Aviator

I have been enchanted with the whole steampunk movement mostly because of the combination of insects and mechanical parts like gears. With owls being such a huge trend right now I thought I would try my hand at making it into my version of a mixed media canvas with various texture and many layers of random techniques. I know he needs a lot of love but I'm so pleased with the way he turned out. Actually he is pretty close to what I envisioned in my head - I know, you are sooo glad you aren't trapped in there, right? He looks adventurous and rough from a night of flying, the only addition I will make, a rolled up document to stick inside the cage as if he was delivering an important message somewhere. Hope you take flight with your next project, whatever it may be and wherever it may take you!

2 comments:

  1. Love your steampunk flier! I have a piece I was working on Saturday night. Steampunk is so romantic, edgey, and whimsical...all at the same time. Love your piece. Keep flying, Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the steampunk stuff alot, too. Your owl is very cute! I've had a tiny obsession with owls myself lately.

    ReplyDelete