Saturday, February 19, 2011

Venus Again?

Venus is back in yet another photo - isn't it just beautiful? I was stopped in my tracks last week when I saw this scene in the yard. Not only is the white of the snow so blinding but the dark tree trunks really seem to push your attention to the wonderful statue. I loved the hint of pale blue grey coming though the tree tops, just reminding you that the sun is still there.

Although the snow is almost gone, winter is still here no matter what the warmer weather is suggesting. Even with the sun shining brightly throughout the day, I'm thinking there is still a couple more snow storms coming our way before springtime.

But the thought of spring does make me want to see the skinny vibrant green crocus leaves poking through the leaves of last fall. Ahhh, the glorious color outside the studio window once again, can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. What a striking photo and lovely thoughts you share with us. Thank you. I can only aspire to be thought of as feminine and tenacious; soft and strong, as Venus in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an inspiration that's for sure!
    Thank you for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete