Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Honey Bee Pears

A walk through the tall, damp grass (mower me not doing a good job this year) lead me to our many fruit trees surrounding the pond. The pears are developing small fruit and of course I'm wanting to take another thousand and one photos but decided to share a painting I did on canvas board with you instead. It combined my love of the honey bee and the wonderful fruit pears. The colors just warm you and connect you to the earth, don't you think? I did a little series of these including insects and fruit and loved the idea of making it look like a label. Explore your creativity and combine two of your favorite things and see what you can come up with. Roses and lace, teddy bears and toys, horses and barns - the list is endless but the possibilities can keep you drawing for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment