Thursday, July 1, 2010

Brilliance

This acrobatic trio of monarch butterflies captured my attention by performing on this brilliant red flower. Aren't the warm colors amazing! They are usually so hard to photograph in my garden at home that I appreciated each and every pose they were willing to share with me.
And believe me, I have about 30 shots of just the monarchs playing around YEAH!

I was busily working today in my studio and ran into some difficulties on what to do next. I've been promising to paint but haven't mustered up the courage yet - I promise I will Cassie, soon!! It's been a while and I'm a bit out of practice but with this kind of inspiration, I will be designing once again for acrylics. Hummm, the butterfly with the open wings sure offers a nice variety of color options and the linework of the veining would be great practice....I'm off to start sketching


No comments:

Post a Comment