Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Orleans

I taught a seminar this past weekend in New Orleans and have to say I just loved it there. Me and the French Quarter shared something special - a spirited and powerful energy filled with artistic passions of music, painting, architecture and food - WOW! If you have never been, I suggest you book the trip tomorrow because it is a one of a kind locale you should visit at least once in your lifetime. If I could have a second home anywhere, put me in the French Quarter.

This lovely aqua door was one of my favorite photos and I can't wait to put it in a colored pencil piece. My only question is what to dangle from the hole in the bracket? When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed looking through your blog and website. I look forward to seeing you in Sept. with the Town and Country Decorative Painters.

    As for the door dilemma, I would put a skeleton key dangling. Why? Because it doesn't fit. Sort of a salute to what was and what is? New Orleans has always meant a lot to me and knowing where it was and where it is now sometimes hurts. The days of skeleton keys are gone, the days of more sophisticated locks and deadbolts are necessary. The dangling piece of metal was probably left from all that was needed as a means to secure the door shut, versus the much needed lock now.

    It is a joy to see how much you have grown since I first met you in the 90's with Tolenet and Hoot.

    Your photos are beautiful!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete