Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cinnamon and Spice

It was a beautiful day today and the evening was quite nice for doing a little yard work. While out on the mower, I couldn't help but notice this wonderful iris. Its color reminded me of cinnamon and exotic spices - I could almost smell the curry. Isn't it weird how the color can send me into spices, they are all connected I guess, our sensory perceptions. It is one of my favorites because it is just so unusual. What could I pair it with to be just as exotic if I were to paint it? How about adding some indian symbols, or lay it on a beaded fringe shawl. I would like to add a large stripe of some kind to counter all the round ruffled petals. On to the background, which do you prefer - the lighter on the left, the darker on the right? Let's see which takes the most votes shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment