Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reaching for the Sun

While out enjoying the nice sunny day I noticed our star magnolias were starting to bloom giving me a lot of stages to look at. I like to record the various bloom stages for compositions later. This tall specimen gave me a smile as I walked by. It flower was spayed out, reaching for the sun supported by this thin, long branch filled with future buds. It was a bit unruly just because the wind was so powerful and that was what attracted me to it. It wasn't all neat and tidy like a flower usually is. I think it would be great as a colored pencil piece or it could also stand alone as a botanical illustration. For what I have in mind it will be used as a simple background shape. So, as you can see, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment